Christmas Balloon Glow – Palo Duro Canyon
What do Santa Claus and hot air balloons have in common? It must be time for Christmas in the Canyon!
This fun, family-friendly event lasts from 5:00pm to 8:00pm. Activities include…
– Enter the park for free and help out folks in need! Free entrance into the park after 4:00pm with a donation of non-perishable food items, to benefit the High Plains Food Bank.
– See the canyon glow from within when the hot air balloons light up the night. Weather permitting, of course!
– Make sure you’ve been good boys and girls since Santa Claus will be here for photos. Bring your camera to take pictures with him!
– Rock out with the Oakdale Elementary honor choir as they perform their annual Christmas show.
– Kids can create their own lasting souvenir when they make a Palo Duro Mouse ornament.
– After you watch the balloons glow in the cold, come inside for a cup of delicious hot chocolate.
Prepare: Bring a donation of non-perishable food items (at least one item per person – more is always welcome!) to gain free entrance into the park after 4:00pm. Be sure to dress for the weather, and wear shoes that are good for walking around the area.
Meet: This event will take place at the Mack Dick Group Pavilion, the first building on the left once you reach the floor of the canyon. Parking will be available in that lot, with overflow parking available across the street at the Pioneer Amphitheater.
Fees: Regular park entrance fees will apply before 4:00pm ($5 per adult, kids 12 and under free). After 4:00pm, entrance fees will be waived with a donation of at least one non-perishable food item per person. All food donations will benefit the High Plains Food Bank.
The High Plains Food Bank’s top needs are Canned Tuna, Canned Chicken, Peanut Butter, Dry Beans and Rice, Canned Soups, Canned Veggies, Mac & Cheese, Pasta, and Boxed Dinners.MORE INFO