Tasty Fish Tacos
HEALTHY TILAPIA TACOS
With New Years around the corner, the number one resolution on most peoples list is to lose weight. Try this fish taco recipe to give your tilapia some new flavor, its guaranteed to please! I love the combination of flaky white fish, crunchy red cabbage, creamy avocado, and bright flavors from the lime and cilantro. This recipe is sure to make you forget you’re dieting!
- 4 corn tortillas (Ezekiel tortillas are also an excellent choice.)
- 4, 3-4 oz tilapia filets
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 avocado
- 1/2 cup sliced red cabbage
- 1 lime
- 1 tsp each of garlic powder, onion powder, cumin, cayenne, paprika, and chili powder
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- Set oven to 375 degrees, wrap tortillas in foil and warm in oven while cooking tilapia.
- Heat coconut oil in medium pan over medium heat.
- Season tilapia filets evenly with all spices.
- Place filets in pan and cook 3-4 minutes each side, or until cooked thoroughly.
- Once tilapia is fully cooked, assemble tacos. Place one tilapia filet in each corn tortilla with 1/4 sliced avocado, red cabbage, and garnish with cilantro and lime.
Add 1 tbsp fat-free plain Greek yogurt for a great sour cream alternative!
Summary These tacos are amazing!! They are healthy and easy to make!