Chicken and Spinach Dumplings
Well Worth The Time and Effort!
- 1 bunch English spinach, trimmed, roughly chopped
- 250g chicken mince
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1table spoon soy sauce
- 30 (275gpacket) gow gee wrappers
• Rinse spinach under cold water. Drain. Place in a microwave-safe dish. Cover. Microwave on high (100%) for 1 to 2 minutes or until wilted. Place in a sieve. Drain excess liquid.
• Place spinach, mince, garlic and soy sauce in a large bowl. Stir to combine. Place wrappers on at surface. Spoon 2 teaspoons mince mixture on 1 half of each wrapper. Brush edges with cold water. Fold over to enclose lling. Press edges together to seal. Place on a tray lined with baking paper.
• Place a steamer lined with baking paper over simmering water. Cook dumplings, in batches, for 15 minutes or until tender and cooked through. Serve.
Serve dumplings with a dipping sauce such as Chinese black vinegar, soy sauce, hot chilli sauce, plum sauce, sweet and sour sauce or sweet chilli sauce.
Look for gow gee and wonton wrappers in the chilled noodle section of the supermarket and Asian grocery stores.