Crockpot Drunken Bourbon Whiskey Meatballs
When it comes to potlucks, there’s one classic dish that always seems to make the table, and that’s crockpot meatballs. In time, you may be getting a little bored of the same-old-same-old and ready to impress with a dish that will have people happy that their expectant meatballs are there but with an added taste and flavor that will leave everyone WOWED.
One great thing about these is how quickly they cook too! If you’re participating in an office lunchtime potluck, these can easily be set up at 9 am to be enjoyed for noon. No 5-8 hour cook time like many crock pot recipes tend to be.
So toss all those ingredients into your slow cooker, then pour yourself a glass of some “leftover” bourbon whiskey, and enjoy what is going to be one of your favorite recipes to come back to for years to come.
- 2x 900g bags of frozen meatballs (we used beef)
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup bourbon whiskey
- 2 tsps lemon juice
- 1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- Put all your sauce ingredients into the crock pot, and mix together until smooth.
- Add in your frozen meatballs, and mix until they’re evenly coated.
- Cook on HIGH in your crock pot for 1 hour, then reduce to LOW for 1-2 hours (this is variable on the size of your meatballs).
- Keep warm in the crock pot while serving at your next party or potluck, and enjoy!