Skillet Tuscan Tortellini Recipe Amarillo Tx Usa
One pot meals are the best for minimal clean up which in conclusion means less mess, hooray! This meal won’t take you 30 minutes to makes but instead, it’ll only take you 18.
Tortellini are fun little pasta bites that offer a surprise in the middle. In this dish, you want to use an irresistible cheese filled tortellini. You’ll combine the tortellini with sausage, several veggies and tons of seasoning. To complete the dish you’ll want to consume all the ingredients in a savory tomato sauce and garnish with parmesan cheese.
Prep time: 10 min, Cook Time: 8 min
- 2 TB olive oil
- 1 green bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 lb bulk Italian sausage (no casings)
- 1½ cups Bertolli pasta sauce
- 1 (14oz) can Italian diced tomatoes, with juices
- ½ cup chicken or vegetable broth
- ½ cup half and half
- 19 oz frozen cheese tortellini
- 3 cups baby spinach, torn to bite size
- freshly ground black pepper
- freshly shaved/shredded Parmesan cheese
- In a very large skillet, heat oil over medium heat until hot. Add bell pepper, onion, and garlic. Stir constantly until fragrant, 30 seconds. Push mixture to the edges of pan and add sausage into the center of pan. Cook and break up sausage; once it’s half-cooked, stir together with the vegetable mixture and continue cooking until browned.
- Add pasta sauce, tomatoes with juices, chicken or veggie broth, and half/half. Stir and bring to a simmer. Add frozen tortellini, stirring to submerge tortellini in the sauce. Cover and simmer until tender, about 7-8 minutes. Remove from heat. Add spinach and stir just until wilted. Add ¼ tsp freshly ground black pepper (or to taste.) Serve immediately with freshly shaved/shredded Parmesan cheese.